Voyageur Multi Use Trail System
|Length||over 200 km / 125 mi|
|Activities||ATVing, mountain biking, horseback riding|
|Amenities||amenities close to trail system; campsites|
|Surface||old logging roads|
|User Fee||$50 season pass; $12 day pass|
Trail passes for the Voyageur Multi-Use Trails System are available at the following locations
- North Bay and District Chamber Information Centre -1375 Seymour St, North Bay – (705) 472-8480
- Mattawa Travel Information Centre -401 Pine St, Mattawa – (705) 744-0222
- Draper’s Restaurant and VMUTS office – 510 Valois Dr, Mattawa – (705) 744-2323
- Sid Turcotte Park – 750 Mattawan St, Mattawa – (705) 744-5375
- Valois Restaurant -710 Valois Dr, Mattawa – (705) 744-5583
- Mattawa Golf and Ski Resort – 17 Valley View Dr E, Mattawa – (705) 744-5818
- L’auberge – HWY 17 West, Mattawa – (705) 744-5020
- Online at www.vmuts.com
** Fees are not required for the use of unrestricted Crown land, however, the suggested amount listed above goes to supporting VMUTS and the upkeep of the trails system
Nestled between two small mountain ranges – the Algonquin Highlands and the Laurentian Mountains – and bordered by the Mattawa River and the Ottawa river, makes this location a paradise for sigh seeing. The trails are forest covered with stream crossings, wet muddy areas, as well as rocky verticals to climb. This remote area offers diversity beyond description. There are also easy trails for a leisurely sightseer who might be looking for gentle tours, or a novice rider who is looking for tame experience.
From the HWY 11/17 junction near Seymour Street, head southeast and take exit 344 towards Ottawa for about 59 km (36.7 mi). Turn left onto Main Street, which will turn into Valois Drive. Follow the signs to the VMUTS trailhead.
A trail map is available through VMUTS. More information is available on their website at www.vmuts.com.