Voyageur Cycling Route Southeast Expansion
This page is designed to update stakeholders on the progress of the expansion of the Voyageur Cycling Route between Mattawa and Ottawa through the counties of Renfrew and Lanark. Click here to find out more about the Voyageur Cycling Route project across Northeastern Ontario.
With funding support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, the Voyageur Cycling Route southeast expansion will include:
- Establishing a Voyageur Cycling Route Southeast Expansion steering committee to oversee route expansion through the Ottawa Valley
- Community and stakeholder consultation to determine preferred route alignment between Mattawa and Ottawa through Renfrew and Lanark counties
- A route study to determine required cycling facility improvements along the route east of Mattawa
- Development of an implementation plan
- A Mobile Workshop to test ride and evaluate the final cycling route
- Evaluation of cycling rates on the route prior to implementation and promotion of the Voyageur Cycling Route to measure changes in frequency of cycling subsequent to implementation
- Evaluation of physical activity levels of individuals to demonstrate an increased participation in an active lifestyle
A preliminary planning meeting for the Voyageur Cycling Routes southeast expansion took place on June 1, 2017 in Carleton Place as part of the Eastern Ontario Active Transportation Summit.