Open May through October, the trail loops through a towering red and white pine forest stand. A series of interpretive signs along the way give information about the forest’s history, tree stands and wildlife found in the park. The trail offers a perfect outing for educational groups, as well as individuals.
Trailhead UTM 663361 mE x 5128309 mN
Ownership City of North Bay
Management City of North Bay
Length 1 - 1.5 km
Level of Development Developed
Surface Bark Sections
Rules for Use
- park is open from 8:00am until dusk daily – overnight parking is prohibited
- be mindful of other users
- use designated trails only
- do not disturb wildlife
- pets must remain leashed at all times and remember to clean up after them
- collection of any plant, animal, rock, or any other natural item is prohibited
- please do not litter – this is your trail!
- beware of natural hazards
From the HWY 11/17 junction near Seymour Street, head northeast on HWY 11/17 and turn right onto HWY 11/Algonquin Avenue. The parking lot is approximately 9.5 km up HWY 11.