Former Olympic skier Kate Pace’s name honours this paved trail, which serves as a multi-use pathway for walking, jogging, cycling, and inline skating.
The pathway winds through a variety of environments, encompassing sections surrounded by trees, streams, and nature, as well as municipal parks, roadways, residential areas and North Bay’s picturesque waterfront. Along the scenic shoreline of Lake Nipissing, walkers have the option to stroll along the lock-stone sidewalk which gracefully meanders through seasonal gardens, while cyclists and rollerbladers can seamlessly continue their journey along the paved pathway.
Moving south from the waterfront, the paved trail extends through a residential area on paved pathways and roads, traversing a forest and a captivating wetland before eventually reaching the Village of Callander where you might also like to try the Callander-Powassan Cycling Circle or the Callander Trans Canada Trail
The City of North Bay groomed a section of the trail in the winter of 2022 and 2023 for cross-country skiing and fat biking.
- Get our Adventure Trails Map!– 1000 kms + of hiking, cycling, paddling, winter sports
- Download Kate Pace Way Trail Map
Location various access points along North Bay's Waterfront
Trailhead UTM 617780 mE x 5130115 mN (beginning) 624553 mE x 5121667 mN (end)
Ownership City of North Bay/ North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority
Management City of North Bay/ North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority
Length 12 km
Activities Cross-Country Skiing, Fat Biking, Hiking, Inline Skating, Road Cycling
Amenities Parking, Rest Area, Washrooms
Surface Paved Trail
Seasons All Season
Rules for Use
- speed limit is 20 km/hr
- E-bikes and/or power-assisted bikes are allowed in pedal mode only
- cyclists and inline skaters must yield to pedestrians
- travel in a single file; walk, run, or stroll in a safe, consistent, and predictable manner
- move completely off the walkway when stopping
- keep to the right except when passing
- sound your bell or call out “passing on your left” before passing
- please do not litter
- keep your pets on a leash within your lane and remember to clean up after them
- users are encouraged to use the appropriate safety gear
From the HWY 11/17 junction near Seymour Street, head northeast on HWY 11/17 and turn left at Cassells Street. Turn right onto Main Street West, and left onto Memorial Drive where you will find a parking lot and the Kate Pace Way trailhead.
For More Information
City of North Bay, Arts, Culture, Recreation & Leisure Services
(705)474-0626 ext. 2329 or 2335