Discovery Routes Adventure Trails Map (2023)
New in this edition:
8 Signature Multi-Adventure Experiences showcasing the best of the Voyageur Cycling Route and local Trans Canada Trail
16 Recommended Paddling Routes for day-trips and overnight backcountry trips with details on access points and portages
53 Hike and Snowshoe Trails; 6 Cross-Country Ski Trail Networks; 20 Bicycle Touring Routes including Gravel road rides, Mountain Bike and Fat Bike trails, and our new Old Nipissing Ghost Road Bikepacking route
Map Geography: Almaguin Highlands, Loring/ Restoule, North Bay to Mattawa, West Nipissing, Sudbury East
Discovery Routes is selling the 2023 Adventure Trails Map as a fundraiser to support our charitable activities in trail development and advocacy. For $10 plus shipping ($2.50), we will mail you a copy. The Trails Map is also available at our office during office hours at 205 Main Str E, North Bay. Please bring $10 cash or cheque. Or pick one up at one of our business sponsors (list coming soon).
Give a Map: Buy an extra map or two and we will make sure it gets to someone who has difficulty paying.
Buy in bulk: To further achieve our mission to get more people out using the trails, the 2023 Adventure Trails Map is available in quantities of 25 for $100. A $25 shipping expense will be added to online orders. Pick them up at our office in North Bay to save the shipping cost.
Discovery Routes Adventure Trails Map (2020)
A few copies of the original Adventure Trails Map (2020) are still available featuring hiking trails; cross-country ski trail networks; paddling routes; and, bicycle touring routes. We can mail a copy for the cost of shipping and handling.
Tourism North Bay Trail Pocket-Guide (2019)
Tourism North Bay has put together a convenient pocket-sized trail guide listing details of 9 local hiking trails and suggests some great local paddling day trips around North Bay. Pick up a copy at the Discovery Routes office – 205 Main Street East, North Bay. We can also mail you a copy for $2 – our cost for shipping and handling.
Explore South River Pocket-Map (2020)
Covering the area in and around South River and Machar, this beautiful Explore South River pocket map highlights all of the amazing places to enjoy adventure, nature, art, hidden gems, local tastes, products & more all in one perfectly pocket sized little package. Pick up a copy at the Discovery Routes office – 205 Main Street East, North Bay. We can also mail you a copy for $2 – our cost for shipping and handling.
Trail Guide to Healthy Living (2008)
Discovery Routes and regional trail partners have assisted the Greater Nipissing Stewardship Council in the creation of the “Trail Guide for Healthy Living”. Published in 2008, the trail guide was a collaborative project between trail groups, trail owners, and trail managers to further expand the information available to local trail enthusiasts. The guide features over 200km of trails from Mashkinonje Provincial Park at the western arm of Lake Nipissing to Mattawa in east and Magnetawan in the south.
The guide is no longer in print, and only a limited number of copies are still available. Stop by the Discovery Routes office in North Bay to pick up a copy or alternatively, you can order them online for the cost of shipping and handling.
Other Trail Maps and Local Guides
Many local trail managers have put together some beautiful trail resources. Any of the following are available at the Discovery Routes office. If you are not able to visit us in person, we would be happy to send you any of the following publications for the cost of shipping and handling.
- Laurentian Escarpment Conservation Area Trails produced by the North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority
- Laurier Woods Conservation Area produced by the North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority in partnership with the Friends of Laurier Woods
- Corbeil Conservation Area Trails produced by the North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority
- The Fire Tower Trail interpretive pamphlet produced by Restoule Provincial Park
- Mashkinonje Hiking Trails (2008), trail map produced by Friends of Mashkinonje Provincial Park
- Mattawa River Provincial Park, map pamphlet produced by Ontario Parks
- Forgotten Trails of South River Area Map (2012), This trail map is produced by the Forgotten Trails Association.
- North Bay Trails and Pathways Map (2012) This map is out of print but still available for download. It highlights walking and biking trails in the City of North Bay.
- Callander Active Transportation Map (2013) Online PDF map only.